Yoga CV

Rachel Roberts
www.thisendup1.com
rachelcatherinroberts@gmail.com


I initially found yoga at the recommendation of my naturopathic doctor who suggested asana and pranayama as a way to control my worsening asthma. Over the next several years, yoga came in and out of my life until 2004 when I became increasingly dedicated to expanding my personal practice and yogic knowledge. Though my practice I have not only cured my asthma, but I have expanded my life in ways I could never have imagined.

In 2008 I left my home in Colorado to travel the globe through yoga, practicing under great yogis throughout the world including world-renown Vinyasa Flow pioneer Shiva Rea and Sharath Rangaswamy of the Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute in Mysore, India.

Learning from different teachers and through differing styles of yoga has allowed me to blend traditions and philosophies into my own method of teaching – a combination of Ashtanga and Vinyasa Flow, focusing on pranayama, meditation, mantra and yogic philosophy.
My journey has been documented at www.thisendup1.com a website about my path and the profound changes that have occurred for me. The site has given me the chance to share the lessons I have learned with a broad audience and the positive responses I have received from readers have inspired me to expand my teaching experience and to host my own retreats. Yoga has so profoundly and completely changed my life in positive ways that I cannot help but want to share it with others.
Training
2005-2007
O2 Studio, Vinyasa Flow and Ashtanga advanced study
Steve Roger

Aspen, Colorado

2008
Gaia Tree Teacher Training
Marco Bianco,
Katiza Satya and Sandra Bianco
RYS 200 Certification
Ubud, Bali


Vipassana Meditation Retreat
Goenka Center
Phitsanolouk, Thailand

Pranayama and Ashtanga Retreat
Paul Dallaghan and Neil Barker
, Yoga Thailand
Koh Samui, Thailand


2009
Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, Ashtanga Research Institute
Sharath Rangaswamy
Mysore, India

Yoga Mandala Teacher Training
Shiva Rea

Ubud, Bali


Bali Spirit Festival
Workshop study with Mark Whitwell, Katy Appleton, Eion Finn, Swami Shankardev Saraswati


Formal Education
Bachelors of Arts with honors, Business Administration/Marketing
Fort Lewis College
Durango, Colorado

Teaching Experience
2006-2008
Private Instruction - Vinyasa Flow
Aspen, Colorado


2008
One World Retreats, Escape the World - Retreat Leader
Ubud, Bali


Desa Seni
- Vinyasa Flow and Children's Yoga
Changgu, Bali


Prana Yoga - Vinyasa Flow

Seminyak, Bali

2009
Kumara Sakti - Beginning Vinyasa Flow
Ubud, Bali

One World Retreats, Escape the World - Retreat Leader
Ubud, Bali


This End Up! Yoga Retreat - Retreat Leader
Ubud, Bali

Private Instruction
Ubud, Bali

Ashtanga and the Chakras Workshop with Shelley Smith
Updog Yoga - Rochester, Michigan


Sangha Yoga
Hvar, Croatia

International Guest Teaching Experience

Phuket, Thailand

Zagreb, Croatia

Aspen, Colorado

Cortina, Italy
Bali, Indonesia


Upcoming Engagements

Sept. 13, 2009
Workshop: From Shiva to Shakti - Asana & Meditation with the Dieties
Cincinnati, Ohio

Sept. 17, 2009
True Body Project benefit
Pendleton Pilates, Cincinnati, Ohio

Sept. 19 & 20, 2009
Ashtanga and the Chakras Workshop with Shelley Smith
Updog Yoga - Rochester, Michigan

New Years Ashtanga, Vinyasa and Meditation Retreat
India - TBD

March 21-26, 2010
This End Up Yoga Retreat - Ubud, Bali
Ashtanga, Vinyasa and Meditation with Rachel Roberts and Shelley Smith
Kumara Sakti Resort



Click HERE to view full professional CV

Popular Posts